Wednesday, April 30, 2008





I made a promise to myself when I began this blog, not to post about the continuing saga of Anna Nicole Smith....but I GIVE UP....
The current ridiculous lawsuits filed in behalf of Virgie Arthur really get stuck in my craw...(hence the stork on it's back), because this is just a bully tactic by a big law firm, that has it's claws deep in the legal system of Texas.
Now, let me be completely clear. The only person that made me think less of Virgie in this case is Virgie, herself.
I didn't follow Anna Nicole, I didn't watch her show, and to be completely honest, I found her a beautiful woman, but a bit shall we say......flamboyant for my taste, I respect and enjoy women that have a bit more classical traits, the hint of sexuality, rather than slamming it in your face...so Anna, while I enjoyed some of her screen antics, felt she was someone that I could never truly relate to...
Then, Daniel died, and my heart went out to her, because though not a fan, one could not be touched by the horrible events, that followed what should have been an occasion of joy and celebration; a daughter born, and a son lost...truly a tragic event of biblical proportions, much like the trials of Job...in the wake of something perfect, the loss of part of that perfection in life, a child.
So, yes, I did casually follow the media coverage, but not with much vigor, until one day watching Ablow, (I saw him on CTV, and was giving his show a try) and lo and behold, the guest is none other than the very private, retired mother of Anna Nicole Smith.
Okay, hmmmm...so while posting on CTV, primary on the religion boards, I watched, and listened, and due to that show, I have devoted nearly a year and a half to my life to this continuing saga, for that I should hire my own lawyer and sue Virgie Arthur.
I watched a grieving Virgie, say the most slanderous things about the daughter she claimed to love, who is herself grieving for her son, to a national audience.
So for the record McCabe I made my opinions of Virgie Arthur long before bloggers, TMZ or ART HARRIS.
Many people drew their opinions on Virgie due to her willing interviews, and actions in this case. I find it insulting that we (the public) are perceived as being so stupid that a TMZ article or blogs by people that we don't even know would force us to have an opinion.
No one forced Virgie to:
1. Go on Ablow, Grace, and Greta, not to mention local stations.
2. Walk out of a courtroom arm in arm with Howard Stern and Larry Birkhead, only to file an appeal after making a statement to the contrary.
3. To file a last minute appeal in the Bahamas, keeping her beloved daughter's funeral on hold.
4. To support the biological father, Larry Birkhead, then file an appeal, to keep him from taking his daughter from the Bahamas.
Now that is the short list, I can by request go into more detail.
But regardless where one sits on this very twisted fence, the reality is that FREEDOM OF SPEECH and FREEDOM OF DISCUSSION, is being put on trial in this case that the glorious lawfirm on O'Quinn has brought.
Think about this seriously. How many of you have called defendants 'murders' before they went to trial? How many of you posted that the Duke team should be drawn and quartered before the evidence was in? How many of you posted that those that have been found 'not guilty' should have been convicted?
I truly respect those that support Virgie, but she is not beyond the public life she chose to thrust herself into and this nonsense about a conspiracy to take her down is ludicrous, she really is not that important, this case will not change anything socially, morally, or politically, this is about power and money, nothing more and nothing less.
Well since I went there I will post a follow up, should comments warrant, if not, I , like my posted graphic will just lie on my back and twitch regarding this topic and move on to others.

6 comments:

  1. Tracian keep them a coming. LOL

    Tough one this week. I worry that at this point my opinion has maybe become a little biased. I got involved with this case not long after ANS died. What dragged me in was watching one news show after another publicly convict someone. I did my own research, watched the shows, read the articles, read and posted on message boards, and from doing that, was able to form my own opinion on the parties involved in this chaos.
    For me Howard K. Stern is guilty of many things, but he is not guilty of taking the lives of Anna Nicole Smith nor her son Daniel Wayne Smith. I am convinced of that.
    Yet the media tried and convicted him. Innocent Until Proven Guilty went out the window in this case.
    Virgie Arthur. Wow. That is the tough part. No one formed my opinion of her. She and her actions did that for me. Over and over and over. From one thing to the next she confirmed for me that her motivations were less than admirable. Does that mean she is some horrible woman? NO. She is not. But, she is a woman full of anger and bitterness. She is someone who IMO hates her life. Hates her past. Hates who she is. B/C of that hate she comes across as a very cold and calculating woman. Her actions scream of someone who IMO did not truly love their child. Not the way a parent should. That Unconditional Love. I think she was jealous of her daughter. I think she was jealous of what her daughter had obtained. I think she enjoyed her daughter's failures more than her daughter's success. I really do hope that she can find a way to let this go. Just let go and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Wheezer, that is enough...you need to either blog, because damn you afe good, or email me and become a guest blogger here...otherwise I will hold me breath and turn blue..naw, I will..........okay I will do nothing, but you are robbing others of such great comments, and that cannot be forgiven...

    Okay, yeah it can, but damn what a loss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the very well written article. I have always maintained that HK$ MUST BE CHARGED WITH NEGLIGENCE {not murder} for not getting medical assistance for ANS {I don't care whether she wanted help or not, Anna and possibly Daniel would be alive today if he had "done the right thing!"} Mr. I want 6% does not make him any more endearing to me than did Virgie Arthur turning up at Rita Cosby's book signing {YUK}.
    If the J.Howard Marshall estate could be settled {I don't think ANS should be awarded anything as she spent his Million$ with "gay abandon" & cheated on him from day #1 of the marriage.} BUT if her estate were awarded $$$M the only people who should profit are Dannielynn and of course "Mr. 6%"
    I sincerely hope that Larry has arranged that if anything should happen to D/L then he would be the beneficiary {then his family etc}. I cannot percieve how VA can lay claim to any monies from her estranged daughter {who publically told the world that she hated her Mother} any more than the Father of ANS could?
    The above is only my opinion but unless someone tells me that I have the facts wrong I will "blunder" along totally misinformed...Cheers from "Down-Under"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracian...I am totally at a loss to know why NO-ONE STOOD UP TO ANNA???? I am fully aware that she would "sever" all ties {as she did with Larry when he was worried about her drug use during both their first pregnancy {miscarriage} and with D/L} and with anyone who
    who disagreed with her...BUT...SURELY HER WAKE-UP CALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN DANIEL DIED "FROM DRUGS!?????" D/L was only 3 days old!...but she continued her abuse of drugs {don't whitewash this with the "prescribed painkillers EXCUSE"
    ANS wasn't willing to "DETOX" in order to give her Daughter a CHANCE!!!}...Sadly ANS PROVED TO BE AN UNFIT MOTHER TO DANIEL and IMO had she lived she would have been proven to be an unfit Mother to Dannielynn who would have grown up with her DRUG ABUSE...IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!!!
    Instead she sought "sanctuary" in the Bahamas with HK$ hoping to "ride out the statute of limitations" so that Larry would be denied his LEGAL rights to D/L.
    We the "Public" were subject to THE MOST DISGUSTING DISPLAY by Judge Seidlin drawing out a 2 hour court case for over a week for HIS OWN "CLOWNISH" AUDITION FOR A TV SHOW!!! Sadly he "missed" the facts that ANS continued to take drugs whilst pregnant!
    IMO ANS CHOSE DRUGS OVER TRUE FRIENDS...this was her DEMISE!!!
    IMO ANS "should" have been ruled an unfit Mother for D/L due to her drug consumption...I am 100% sure that Larry is looking after his daughter CORRECTLY...thats more than I can say for HK$ who tells us he is broke and that his parents are paying for him...then claims 6% {YUK!}
    My daughter gave birth to her stillborn son {JAKE} in 2006, then one day after her 39th Birthday was blessed with her FIRST CHILD {Luke Robert} on the 14th April 2008. Luke was 4 weeks prem..they were back in the Emergency Room today...gosh I am a "thankful Granny" that Luke is still alive..{I wonder if ANS could have handled this??? she was sooooo stoned and drunk she was totally UNFIT to raise children!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virgie is simply a shameless human being who has no regard for her own credibility or standard thresholds of decency. No one with a shred of dignity would do the things that she does and I personally have no idea how she can act like such a phony 24 hours a day. How anyone, let alone a judge, could believe that she cared about Anna or now Dannielynn is completely ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...this is about power and money, nothing more and nothing less."
    Amen and Bravo!

    ReplyDelete